Fibre Channel is Alive and Thriving!
What have you heard about Fibre Channel? That it is obsolete or that it’s quickly being replaced by Ethernet? Maybe you have heard Fibre Channel is too complex and too costly.
None of this is true.
The truth is Fibre Channel remains deployed in 90% of the Fortune 1000 data centers throughout the world. According to Dell’Oro Group’s latest Storage Area Networks (SAN) 5-Year Forecast Report, Fibre Channel shipments are expected to be up by nearly 11% year over year.
Those who use and rely on Fibre Channel know the reasons for its longevity in high-performance, data critical environments:
- It’s incredibly reliable and resilient
- Scales like no other network architecture
- High performance with speeds consistently at near line rate
- Ultra-low latency
- It’s easy to implement and maintain
- Long-term high ROI
- Supported by an active community of manufacturers and enthusiasts
- Faster speeds are already on the road map
However, don’t take our word for it, listen to industry experts describe why Fibre Channel remains a critical technology in the Media and Entertainment market.
- G2M Considerations When Selecting a Fabric For Storage Area Networks
- White Paper - Fibre Channel in Modern Content Creation Workflows
- White Paper - Supermicro: Meeting the High-Performance Demands of Media Creation Environments
Your feedback is important to us.